Author: Sarah Bilston
- Pregnancy is not all it’s cracked up to be.
- Motherhood isn’t necessarily easy.
- All families have issues.
Quinn and Tom Boothroyd have just realized they’re in over their heads, as all of us do when we have our first child. The difference is that Quinn doesn’t have the family support that she desperately needs. That is until her sister Jeanie arrives from England to help them out.
Sleepless Nights is written from both Quinn’s as well as Jeanie’s point of view. It chronicles the summer spent at a friend’s cottage as they attempt to work out the newness of being parents of a cholicy baby and whether they really want to go back to being high powered NY lawyers.
As a mom, I totally identified with all of the confusion and fear that Quinn is faced with. Having to make HUGE life choices ALL AT ONCE can seen insurmountable. The dialogue (as well as the secrets kept) between the characters are so typical of families that you may find yourself smiling and thinking “been there, done that.”
This is a quick read and would actually make any new mom feel like she’s not alone.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale
Review by Broad “Z” – Zippy
“Sleepless Nights” can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com
Thank you to the Harper Collins for providing our review copy as well as copies to give away.
You can enter DAILY!
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Fave us on technorati.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Tell a friend – if they subscribe or follow The Review Broads you get an entry (with unlimited entries) – please put their e-mail address as well as yours in the comments.
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway – Win all of your favorite books & prizes at http://tinyurl.com/le8h2d
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on September 14, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck