Back to school shopping this year is bound to include technology based products, but you can’t forget that you need to PROTECT them. That new laptop that you grabbed on sale needs to make it through a couple of school years, and the best way to do that is to make sure that it stays cool and is shielded from spills, etc., even when it’s NOT in use.
Do you need to give up style over function? Absolutely NOT. Do you need to purchase items that are eco-friendly? ABSOLUTELY.
There’s a new material on the market, called neogreene. Unlike neoprene, where the production of the material is toxic to our environment, Neogreene is eco-friendly. It’s actually been used in the automotive industry for years and has none of the phthalates, VOCs, chlorine, nor metals that are traditionally comprised in neoprene and YOU can now get your laptop sleeves, bags, bottle sleeves and more made out of this material.
GreenSmart has created a collection of products that incorporate both FORM and FUNCTION and I was lucky enough to receive a VERY cool laptop sleeve to review.
Here’s what I like about it. It’s VERY stylish! The sleeve that I received came in basic black (goes with EVERYTHING) and has a series of words down that side that tell you everything that makes this sleeve eco-friendly like
- Free of Poisons
- 2x Insulation
- 25% Less Petroleum
- People Sensitive
- and more
The texture of the sleeve reminds me of those fun balls that you can throw in the house. You can spill water on this thing and it just beads up and rolls off. This is great for someone like me who thinks that her laptop is thirsty and has a tendancy to spill whatever I’m drinking on it. It’s breathable, which means that when you put your laptop in it after using it (and it’s still HOT), that it cools down QUICKLY. The zipper pulls are REALLY easy to grab (and there are two of them in case you start fumbling). That sounds like a little thing, but if you’re late for class and have to get your laptop out quickly – you’ll be happy you have this feature. Oh and for a good fit it comes in LOTS of sizes.
I have to say that I’m very excited about GreenSmart’s products and I hope that they keep expanding their line. Just one look at their mission statement and I’m sure you’ll agree with me, that this is a company that I’m proud to support.
Our intentions are simple, transparent and ongoing:
- To make great bags using green materials.
- To use smarter manufacturing practices whenever possible.
- To provide smarter ideas for our own lives, as well as our customers.
- To help educate and influence others through our products and practices.
- To be passionate about everything we do
For more information about purchasing any of GreenSmart’s neogreene products, check out their user friendly website.
Review by Broad “Z – Zippy
Whoo hoo, I just heard from GreenSmart and they’d like to giveaway one of these great laptop sleeves to one of The Review Broads readers.
Remember, you can enter DAILY
- Simply go to: GreenSmart and find the size that would fit YOUR laptop.
- Come back & fill out the form below.
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Follow GreenSmart on Twitter
- Fave us on technorati.
- Become a Fan of GreenSmart on Facebook.
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on August 31, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck