I was recently contacted by the good people at Horizon dairy and asked if I’d like to try their organic eggs. Organic EGGS? I knew that Horizon produced milk products, butter and cheeses…but, EGGS? Since I was already familiar with their milk (as we’ve been drinking it for years), I was curious to see if their eggs tasted as fresh as their other products. I also wanted to know WHY ORGANIC when it comes to eggs?
For most green products, such as fruits and veggies – I prefer buying locally. So, I’d go to the farm stand or greenmarket on the weekends to shop. I used to have a farmer that I’d buy fresh eggs from, but since we moved, the farmer that I used to buy from is too far and there are no others that sell at the greenmarket that I now go to. When Horizon offered to send me a free dozen eggs to try, I figured WHY NOT?
I have to say that I had a difficult time finding them. They didn’t carry them at my local chain grocery store and the small organic food store nearby didn’t carry them either. I eventually found them at Whole Foods (unfortunately, Whole Foods is an hour away, but I was in the area doing other errands and stopped in).
Maybe it’s that Horizon gets their products to the grocer quicker than the usual supermarket eggs, or maybe it’s that they’re organic…I don’t know. All I can say is that they tasted pretty darned close to those eggs that I used to buy direct from the farmer.
So what makes Horizon Organic Eggs so special”
- They’re a great source of protein and vitamin D
- Horizon Organic eggs come from cage-free hens that have the freedom to roam
- They eat fresh 100% organic vegetarian feed
- They’re never treated with antibiotics or growth hormones
Buying Organic Eggs is not going to break the bank. I found them to be slightly higher than the grocery store eggs, but cheaper than from the farmer.
If you’d like to try Horizon Organic Eggs – Horizon Organics has sent me an extra coupon for a FREE dozen eggs to give away to one of The Review Broad’s readers.
- Simply tell me what you are doing to help your family be healthier. and please leave your name and e-mail address in the comments below.
- Subscribe to The Review Broads for FREE
- Follow the Review Broads – on the sidebar
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on July 20, 2009.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck
Review by Broad “Z” Zippy